What happens when cutting-edge technology solutions meet the healthcare industry? You get ground-breaking innovation that is changing the face of healthcare across the globe. As a result of this dynamic synergy, a wide range of new capabilities—including smart medical appliances, telemedicine, wearable healthcare technology, and AI-led data applications—are contributing to the healthtech industry’s exponential growth. According to Healthcare Outlook*, the healthtech sector is expected to reach new levels over the next few years thanks to the rise of telemedicine and digital healthcare solutions.
Considering how rapidly things are changing, it’s not surprising that marketing has become crucial to driving the industry’s expansion. While technology has the power to transform healthcare as we know it, effective marketing can transform your business. Digital marketing, content creation, and targeted outreach campaigns are just a few tools helping healthtech companies reach and engage their target B2B audiences. When done well, marketing tools are instrumental in clearly communicating the benefits and value of complex healthcare solutions to disparate buying committees, strategic partners, and other key stakeholders. Healthtech businesses face difficult challenges when trying to differentiate themselves in a crowded field and planning the best go-to-market strategies to drive demand.
Marketing fosters trust, boosts the bottom line, and ultimately accelerates growth. Here are some tried-and-true marketing tips optimal for assisting healthtech companies in building their brand and driving revenue in the B2B arena:
Make Thought Leadership Top of Mind
In healthtech marketing, thought leadership is one of the central tenets of success. It not only showcases industry expertise and innovation but also establishes trust and credibility, all of which are critical to both the B2B healthcare and technology communities. Gaining recognition as an industry expert helps attract new customers and partners, establishes credibility for your solutions, and speeds up their adoption. Thought leadership can also position your company as community-focused and have a positive impact on patient care and well-being.
Here’s how to build thought leadership in healthtech:
- Create quality content – To build trust as a healthtech thought leader and to make an impact, post a wide range of content—from blog posts and white papers to infographics and case studies—on timely, thought-provoking industry or tech-related topics.
- Utilize reliable industry sources – It’s crucial to understand and capitalize on the trusted sources that individuals in your target personas consult when making purchasing decisions. For example, you can broaden your marketing reach by contributing as a guest writer or providing commentary on blogs, podcasts, magazines, and websites that are related to your market segment.
- Develop a solid media presence – Effective public relations is vital for a healthtech company striving to stand out in the industry. You can draw attention to your innovations and increase company credibility by engaging with analysts and media focused on your field. This media presence educates the market, influences industry trends, and shapes industry and public opinion. Consistently showcasing expertise builds trust in a sector where adoption depends on confidence in the provider’s knowledge.
Having a prominent presence on social media and online communities is an important way for healthtech brands to increase their visibility and credibility. These platforms are great for proving your expertise and establishing your business as an authority in the field. By actively sharing industry insights, research findings, and thought-provoking articles, you demonstrate your commitment to leading the charge—and build trust among your audience. In an industry where credibility is paramount, social media allows you to connect with professionals who value your insights, ultimately solidifying your reputation as a reliable source of healthtech information.
Moreover, it’s important to actively engage in discussions, share insights, and seek advice from peers and experts. On social media platforms like LinkedIn and industry-specific forums, actively participate in conversations relevant to your niche. Beyond posting from your company’s LinkedIn page, the platform also offers hundreds of health and healthtech-related industry groups to engage with, such as Hot Science, Wearable Technology Professionals, and Health IT Answers.
Share your expertise by commenting on posts, contributing thought-provoking content, and initiating valuable discussions. Encouraging your team members to join these communities as well will broaden your company’s reach and impact—not only increasing your visibility but also forging valuable connections and strengthening your position as a trusted source of industry knowledge.
Here are a few web communities that cover healthtech topics:
- Fierce Healthcare
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society | HIMSS
- Healthcare IT Today
- Healthcare Outlook
Empower Your Champions
Did you know that you can find champions everywhere in your organization? Champions are enthusiastic and influential individuals who internally and externally advocate for and promote your healthtech solutions. Empowering them to help you get the word out about the unique value of your healthtech solution is a great strategic imperative to employ. If their efforts are supported, their activities have the potential to grow industry awareness, expedite customer decision-making, enhance credibility, and drive technology adoption for your solution.
Identifying your internal champions and equipping them with the right marketing materials lets you create a strong foundation for successful industry partnerships, brand building, and boosting the bottom line. Provide your champions with a comprehensive toolkit of quality marketing assets to support their advocacy efforts, including:
- Business cases – Well-structured, clearly defined use cases that outline the benefits and ROI of your offerings
- Benefits lists – Lists that succinctly highlight the advantages of your solutions, making it easy for champions to convey these benefits to their colleagues and superiors and stay in synch with your leadership teams
- Case studies – Powerful success stories that demonstrate how your customers have put your healthtech solutions to work to help advance their offerings
- Product demos – Compelling product videos or webinars that showcase the practical value of your solutions
Boost Your Partner Program
Your company’s partner and channel programs serve as dynamic vehicles to boost your marketing efforts, extending your reach and tapping into well-established customer bases and distribution networks. The synergy that comes from effective co-marketing opens the door to new opportunities and revenue streams for both parties. A well-structured B2B healthtech partner marketing program promotes knowledge-sharing and better educates partners and your shared customers on the benefits of your solutions.
To develop a successful partner marketing program in the sector, follow these strategic steps:
- Establish program objectives – Begin by articulating specific marketing program objectives that are in sync with your overarching business strategy. Delineate the desired outcomes, such as growing your partner roster, re-engaging dormant partners, or jointly launching shared product offerings.
- Create a program structure – Develop effective ways to communicate details of your program, such as defined partner tiers and the distinct benefits of each. Provide a wide variety of assets to help ensure that your partners can easily understand the unique value they’ll receive at each level.
- Onboard your partners – Create a seamless marketing strategy for onboarding new partners, including education materials and training webinars. Provide them with the tools and knowledge needed to effectively promote your joint solutions.
- Provide a partner toolkit – Develop a range of marketing collateral, co-branded materials, and lead generation programs that partners can leverage to promote your products and services to their customer base. Ensure that they have easy access to through-partner tools to help them sell your joint solutions in the market.
- Determine your performance metrics – Measure the success of your partner marketing by regularly assessing program performance, tracking engagement, and gathering feedback to make necessary adjustments.
- Offer partner support and collaboration – Support your partners along the way by providing collaboration opportunities and regular communication. Foster a strong sense of partnership and teamwork to achieve common goals.
- Celebrate success – Recognize and celebrate partner program achievements and milestones to motivate and maintain partner enthusiasm.
Your content demonstrates how your healthtech solutions can address the specific needs and goals of your market, ultimately driving customer engagement and conversions. To optimize your content effectively, it’s crucial to tailor your messaging to address the core concerns of your audience.
Emphasize factors such as return on investment, productivity, and profitability, demonstrating how your healthtech solutions align with these priorities. Support your claims with concrete data and compelling case studies that showcase the real-world impact of your offerings. Additionally, optimize your content with relevant keywords that resonate with your target audience to improve search engine visibility. This strategic use of keywords not only enhances your online presence but also ensures that your content reaches the right audience and delivers the desired results.
Streamline the Path to Purchase
The decision-making process for adopting healthtech solutions can be intricate, involving multiple stakeholders within an organization. Any friction or ambiguity in the purchasing process can deter potential clients and lead to missed opportunities. A straightforward path to purchase demonstrates your commitment to a customer-centric approach, instilling confidence in your potential buyers. It ensures that businesses can efficiently access and implement your solutions, accelerating the realization of benefits such as improved patient care, enhanced operational efficiency, and cost savings.
Be sure to follow this comprehensive approach to effectively streamline the path to purchase:
- Ensure that your website prioritizes the user experience, ensuring intuitive navigation and clear calls to action
- Tailor distinct purchase pathways, including strategic partners, to cater to distinct needs of your audience segments
- Provide visibility and transparency when it comes to your pricing, features, and implementation requirements is vital to alleviating hesitancy in decision-making
- Deliver responsive customer support, diverse communication channels, and a wealth of product resources to assist customers throughout their journey
- Implement feedback mechanisms and leverage analytics tools to continually measure and optimize the effectiveness of your streamlined purchase process, thus enhancing client satisfaction and conversion rates
Your Healthtech Business: Marketing Strategies for Success and Beyond
Incorporate these strategies into your healthtech marketing approach to effectively build your brand, empower advocates, communicate with precision, and streamline the path to purchase. Make it easier for businesses to learn about and purchase your solutions by mapping out a clear and user-friendly path to purchase on your website. Consider tailoring specific journeys for different audience segments to enhance engagement and conversions.
When you’re ready to get started, reach out to learn more about Yeager GPS offerings designed to help your marketing team deliver powerful results and exceed your marketing goals.