The Project Lead is responsible for organizing, leading, and executing client projects efficiently and effectively. This individual will work with our account strategy and management teams to successful implement their project plans. This person has a proven record of success in managing a diverse portfolio of projects with a clear understanding of marketing fundamentals and marketing projects specifically. Assigned projects can vary from single pieces of collateral to multifaceted, multichannel marketing campaigns. The successful candidate can identify all tasks that need to be completed, and then strategically delegate those tasks within the project, while creating and managing detailed schedules throughout the duration of the project to the appropriate team members. In addition, they will provide coaching and guidance to internal team members and external freelancers, vendors, and contractors; making and relaying decisions on the direction of every aspect of the project so that team members can understand their requirements and act on them efficiently and correctly.
- Coordinate the process and the execution of projects across production teams while interfacing with clients.
- Document the scope of work and validate that all assigned projects can be completed within the required timeline and budget.
- Develop and maintain step-by-step project plans, budgets, and schedules for each project.
- Organize and forecast deliverables and dependencies.
- Manage the full life cycle of projects from initiation through completion.
- Oversee day-to-day project execution and identify | resolve potential challenges.
- Execute change control when requests for additional scope are made.
- Provide Quality Assurance on all projects and their deliverables, maintaining the highest standards for quality.
- Ensure on-time, on-budget project deliverables.
- Provide weekly status reports and daily updates to the team.
- Assists in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Set a positive example for Project Managers; coaching in best practices to help elevate the team.
- A deep understanding of the project lead role, marketing fundamentals and marketing projects; experience in the technology sector of B2B marketing a plus.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with varying degrees of complexity.
- Collaborative: Ability to build and maintain strong internal and client relationships.
- Expert organizational skills.
- Outstanding written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Able to identify all the internal and external resources required for completing projects successfully.
- This position may require supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. The employee frequently communicates with staff, clients, and vendors. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer. Occasionally moves items up to 50 lbs. for various projects.
Position Type/Work Hours
This is a full-time position, and office hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This is an office-based role that will require occasional travel to visit clients.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- 8+ years in project lead role, marketing, or operations.
- Project Management Professional (PMI) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of project lead processes, workflow, and terminology
- Preferred experience with data analytics | metrics tools, website usability and architecture.
- Experience with Google Drive, Adobe Pro, project management software and scheduling tools, and Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience leading teams to develop marketing campaigns, content, and strategic marketing projects – work samples preferred.
Does this sound like the opportunity that aligns with YOU and what you bring to the table? If so, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Founded in 2009, Yeager works with the world’s most successful and innovative technology organizations to deliver cutting edge concepts, groundbreaking ideas, and buyer-centric go-to-market plans. Our award-winning team has produced marketing programs for more than one-half of the technology companies within the Fortune 500. Yeager was recognized as an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company for three consecutive years in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and honored as a Top B2B Marketing Agency in 2018 and 2019 by Chief Marketer. With an expert blend of compelling strategy and outstanding creativity, we consistently overwhelm clients with an exponential return on their marketing investment.
Named as a Best Places to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, Yeager is passionate about our team and their individual success both personally and professionally. We strive to ensure all of our employees and clients have the resources and support needed to succeed.